Malayalam Filmsongs' English annotation
Samayamam Radhathil Njan Thaniye pokunnu
സമയാംരഥത്തിൽ ഞാൻ തനിയേപോകുന്നു
This song is said to have been originally written by the German Missionary Volbrecht Nagel, who reached the coasts of Cannanore, in North Malabar in 1893. He later moved south and learned Malayalam. The song was first written in English and then translated into Malayalam.
The version shown here is an adaptation done by Vayalar and music done by Devarajan. The song is good, but it would be unwise to attribute the beauty to Vayalar. The film is Aranazhikaneram.
In the vehicle of time, I am on my journey to my lord's dwelling. It is a lonely trip for me, to reach back to my homeland. Brief is the time for this stint to end; a minor span of time, before I peel off my mortal cloths.
In the hazy hours of the night, in my God's hands do I sleep. Even in those sleepy hours, the wheels of my wagon still roll forward on to my goal.
In the early hours, I rise up still in my God's hands. In those wakening moments also, the dreams in me gush on to my destination അപ്പോഴും എൻമനസ്സിന്റെ സ്വപ്നം മുന്നോട്ടോടുന്നു.
To yield to the appeals of worldly pleasures, not apt is the time now ഈ പ്രപഞ്ചസുഖം തേടാൻ ഇപ്പോഴല്ല സമയം! I need to reach my native lands, and to call upon Jesus, unbridle-able is the urgency, now in me.
1. Gandharvanagarangal alangarikkaanpokum
2. Arayilotta Mundudutha Penne
3. Chakravarthini Ninakku Njanente
4. Anupame Azhake
5. Raajashilpineeyenikkoru Poojavighraham
6. Poonthennaruvee, Ponmudippuzhayude
7. Pennale, pennale
8. Venna tholkkum udalode
9. Nee madhu pakaru, malar choriyoo
10. Thambran thoduthathu malarambu
11. Unaroo vegam nee, sumrani
12. Neela ponmaane
13. Thrikkakhare Pooporaanju
14. Omalale kandu nhan
15. Kannaa, Aaromalunni, Kanna
16. Seetha devi, swayamvaram cheythoru
18. Rakuyilin Rajasadhassil
19. Yerusalemile Swarga Dootha, Yeeshunadha
20. Nithaya Vishudhayaam KanyaMariyame
21. Thankathalikayil Ponkalumayivanna
22. Samayamam Radhathil Njan Thaniye pokunnu
23. Pravachakannmare parayu
24. Ezhilampala poothu
26. Devikulam Malayil
27. Paamaram PaLungukondu
28. Thedivarum Kannukalil Odiyethum Swami
30. Feudal language
31. ദക്ഷിണേഷ്യൻ ഫ്യൂഡൽഭാഷകൾ